How would you sum up 2021? Celebrating year-end has become a tradition of lists, everything from favorite music playlists and top photos – thanks, Instagram – to the most-searched news stories and popular foods – Birria Tacos, anyone?
While it is tough to sum up a year in one, single way, there is nothing that seems to resonate more with people this time of year than looking back on memories.
Here at RDO Equipment Co., we dug into our blog archives, revisited social posts, and even did some binge-watching of our YouTube channels to find 21 of the most unforgettable moments from 2021.
In the spirit of the season and this year, join us in looking back at these 21 moments for a year in review with RDO.
1. RDO announced an expansion of its WIRTGEN GROUP partnership
Montana joined the list of locations offering equipment, parts, service, and full support of the WIRTGEN GROUP product line.
2. A new precision agriculture resource for growers solved problems
Quick tips and deep dives, step-by-step tutorials and helpful info – Precision Ag Answers covers it all, and in a format that worked.
3. Women interested in the construction industry got solid advice
Sales manager, Jen Heck joined in RDO’s celebration of Women in Construction Week
4. A new phrase explained the realities of buying equipment in 2021
Then RDO’s Troy Kind showed another side of 2021’s challenges: positivity and opportunity.
5. Stores celebrated National Beer Day with a Busch Light combine
Really, need we say more? The photo says it all.
6. John Deere introduced Performance Tiering
We broke it down and really explained it.
7. RDO team members supported youth mental health nonprofits
The pandemic really brought the importance of mental health to center stage and RDO went all in on supporting it.
8. Brett Waterman, star of the hit show, “Restored,” teamed up with RDO Riverside
Looking for a new “tool” for his many DIY projects, Brett found another key thing he was looking for: partnership.
9. “ The Queen’s Gambit” and RDO made chess popular
Well…maybe RDO can’t take credit for 2021’s newfound chess craze. But Agronomist, Erin Hightower, did enjoy the opportunity to compare the strategic game to a strategic industry practice.
10. JDLink became a free service for all
Here are 5 important things to know about JDLink Connectivity, now offered at no-cost for all qualified John Deere machines.
11. Construction began on RDO’s newest store project
The RDO Summer Road Trip made a stop in Moses Lake, Washington, where the team and customers there got one important step closer to an exciting new future.
12. Growers stayed up to date on the latest in precision agriculture
If you have not listened to RDO’s Agriculture Technology podcast, find out what you have been missing.
13. History was made with a Case 150 steam engine
The only person in the world who has ever hauled this machine over the road works in Webster, South Dakota – and just happens to be RDO Truck Driver, Mark Davidson.
14. We checked out the world’s first compact track loader with integrated technology
Our teams took a first look at John Deere’s new SmartGrade CTLs.
15. The first Connelly/Kreps Memorial Scholarships were awarded
The scholarship is named in honor of two RDO Equipment Co. leaders who tragically passed away in 2020.
16. National Farmer’s Day highlighted a special farmer
Did you know that before Ron Offutt became the owner of his first RDO Equipment Co. store and founder of the entire R.D. Offutt Company enterprise, he was a farmer? Now you do.
17. A little farmer took a well-deserved break
Harvest is a busy time and, sometimes, you have to catch some rest anywhere you can.
18. A brand-new truck got a brand-new wrap
Our technicians can’t help but take a ton of pride in their jobs, their service, and, of course, their field trucks.
19. 4 Grand Forks service technicians achieved a unique milestone
It’s not often you find four service technicians who are all celebrating 25 years or more with the same company. It is even rarer when all of them work in the same store.
20. The search was on for the perfect Christmas tree
Two resourceful little farmers appeared to find just what they were looking for – and had a lot of fun in the process.
21. RDO Caters Taters for Charity raised big bucks for BIO Girls
After COVID-19 disrupted 2020’s annual event, RDO Caters Taters came back strong and brought together the community for camaraderie, giving back, and delicious potatoes.